Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

Turikar's application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Turikar

Turikar's application  Empty
PostSubject: Turikar's application    Turikar's application  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 am

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional):

Minecraft Account Name: Turikar

How old are you: 17

What is your Time Zone/Country: MST/USA

How good are you with the English language: I'm proficient at it, making mistakes but not ones that will affect role play.

How often could you be on the server: A decent amount of time, especially if there is plenty of roleplay to be had.

Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?: I was one of the moderators on a RP server named "Tales of Mel-Lenxia" and also played a decently big role in another server called "Legends of Talarra."

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming:

Metagaming is when you take OOC obtained knowledge into RP.

Powergaming or Godmoding is when you make your character harder or stronger then he normally would be.

How did you hear about us: A friend named iCreate recommended the server to me and a few others. (I'm sure you've noticed by now.)

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.):

I have read and agree to abide by all the rules of the server.

Any other information you'd like to mention:

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name: Jayce Ashdon

Character Race and Patron God: Avasonus

Appearance: Short in stature compared to the other races, due to being Avasonus, but is still tall compared to other Avasonus and Avasuun standards, he is 5'3 with a slender, hardworking build. He has medium length, ragged dark hair. He has dark violet eyes, filled with compassion. His clothes are cleaner and more sharp than his brothers.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.):

As children, he and his brother grew up with their parents in a small cottage far away from any town or village. Growing up, his father having been a foot-soldier in the army, taught him and his brother the ways of combat. His mother, having gone to college, refused to hire a tutor and taught the boys on her own. He took well to the mental training, but lacked in the combat portion. Much to the opposite of his brother.

Just before they set off on one of the most important times of his and his brothers lifes, their dad stopped him and told him all about the world and the people in it. The thing that stuck in Jayce's mind the most was that where ever you may go there will always be someone who needs help. You Jayce have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Equipped with his mind, and great words in his heart he set off with his brother to make a life on their own.

The first winter was the hardest, he and his brother barely having a small shack for themselves. Let alone enough food to remain comfortable. Soon, though, he and his brother would come to meet an inventor by the name of Hadrien Ocran that would take them in and teach them. Jayce quickly picked up the trades of inventing and loved trying to figure out how things worked, or how to make them work better. Damien would bring him scrap and parts for him to make things with and then sell. It was a hard living but at least it was honest. Things were looking up for the two, nothing to complain about life was becoming lazy. Damien left to the junkyard like any other day but this time he hadn't returned that evening or even the next day. Jayce got worried and began searching for him after the second day of Damien being gone a young boy ran up to him in his workshop saying. "There's a man that looks like you! He's trapped i'll show you where!" Jayce and Hadrien didn't hesitate following the boy to his now almost lifeless brother.

They found Damien's left arm trapped under a radiator. They tried everything they could to remove the radiator from atop his brother, but to no avail. If they had more equipment or men they could lift it but that would take time, time they don't have. The only way his brother would come out of this alive would be amputation. Jayce and Hadrien then heated a piece of sharp metal and a piece of sheet metal to sterilize it and so it could cauterize the wound. Jayce then had to do the unthinkable, he had to cut his own brothers arm off. As he was cutting he could hardly think his mind clouded with how much pain this could cause his only brother. The brother he is suppose to protect and help through hard times, but at last the cutting was done. Hadrien then helped Jayce press the searing hot sheet metal against Damien's left "arm" cauterizing the wound. Looking down where Damien's forearm and hand used to be, there was now a stump from his elbow down. They returned to the workshop as quickly as they could to insure that Damien would be alright.

The next few days Damien had been resting and Jayce had been thinking. There has to be a way for me to help him, with all of the things I've learned there has to be at least one way for me to help him work again. Then an idea sparked into his head, he rushed to tell Hadrien about it as his master stared at him wide-eyed. They began working on what could help injured soldiers and people like Damien. They created a prosthetic arm, using steel with copper cogs and springs they created a functional prosthetic that hopefully Damien could use. There was only one catch, they had to re-open the wound to put the prosthetic in. After Damien agreed to have it implemented, Jayce hesitantly approached the wound with his knife cutting it open to have the prosthetic implanted in. While Jayce and Hadrien worked Damien was unfortunately awake and aware of what was happening, screaming at the pain. Jayce almost couldn't go through with it. At last it was finished and Damien could even move the fingers.

The next few weeks, Damien recovered and soon was back to work. Jayce would continue working in the workshop and trying new things. Months would pass and enough money was coming in that they could live comfortably. However, just as they got comfortable, it was time to return to their cottage. They packed their things and said goodbye to Hadrien. He had taught them a lot about both life and tinkering. They had seen things in almost a different perspective. No longer were other races lower than them, but equals. They began their trek home new men. Upon arrival, grave news was bestowed upon them. Their father had passed away from illness and their mother was beginning to become too frail for work. After mourning, Jayce and Damien made the decision to go back to the city and move back in with Hadrien with their mother. It was the best thing for them. There was nothing left for them out here. Saying goodbye at their father's grave, they departed back for the city. Hadrien took the three of them in with open arms.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses:

Skills: Inventor that strives to benefit everyone with his inventions. Good combatant with his trusty Hammer.

Weaknesses: He trusts others more than he should, and often gives out his own money so that others can eat, instead of himself.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.)
Jayce is out late walking around the city when he looks down he see's something shiny. Upon closer inspection it's a rare cog that he hasn't seen many of. As he's about to place it in his pocket a hooded man runs past and grabs it out of his hand, Jayce pursues him shouting "Hey get back here let me talk to you!" but the hooded man doesn't seem phased as he continues on his light footed run. Jayce decides to follow the hooded man into the night keeping his distance but never letting the man get out of his sight. Finally the man stops and just as Jayce approaches the man, he spots another hooded man. The other man is his brother, needless to say Jayce runs up and punches his brother for getting himself into shady jobs yet again.

Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):

Turikar's application  Also_t11

Turikar's application  This_o11

Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

Turikar's application  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turikar's application    Turikar's application  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 am

Well written, I like how you tied your stories together, seeing as you are brothers. If you read what I told Lemon, try to keep the tech lower for the arm, and the tech level that we've discovered so far is steam engines. RP around to try and find info about old tech. If you find a schematic, you could be able to restore tech that we had pre-cataclysm.

Welcome to Pavon, Accepted.
Back to top Go down

Turikar's application
Page 1 of 1