Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

darkdladety's application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darkdladety

darkdladety's application Empty
PostSubject: darkdladety's application   darkdladety's application EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 am

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional):
dark or dusk

Minecraft Account Name:
darkdladety

How old are you:
15 years old

What is your Time Zone/Country:
Pacific, USA

How good are you with the English language:
I am fluent as it is my primary language.

How often could you be on the server:
Probably 2-3 hours, more on weekends and less if I have school work.

Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?:
I have role played before. On the rp server LOTC I played a traveling merchant, part of a large family.

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming: Metagaming is when you use information that your character doesn't know, and powergaming is not letting people roleplay or at least giving them a chance to roleplay

How did you hear about us:
A close friend (Steel_Invader) wanted me to play

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.):
Yes

Any other information you'd like to mention:
I'm so happy to see a server like this. I have been searching for a minecraft rp server and most of them are just terrible. I'd love the opportunity to play.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name:
Acton Arysar

Character Race and Patron God:
Litus. He understands and accepts the teachings of both Soteir and Essani, but secretly he worships the great SSSSBoom

Appearance:
Acton stands at 6' 3", a fairly tall man. He has dark skin and short, dark brown hair. Along with his brown hair he has brown eyes. He wears a backpack with him to carry around his money and spoils of hunting. Acton wears glove to protect his hands from extensive use of a bow and arrow.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.):
Acton was born in a family with two loving parents and a brother. Their house was on the edge of a forest, looking out onto the sea. Acton always love being outside as a kid, him in his brother would play in the forest all day, occasionally using logs they found to make a boat for sailing. Acton gained a love of the sea and the land as a child, but both Acton's parents died young, leaving him and his brother orphans when he was only 16. They traveled Aquitus to find work.

They spent a year as beggars, getting food or money where ever they could. Eventually Acton got himself a job in a steel factory. Here Acton got his first taste of industry and order. He had to work on the factory line, not free to roam around as he was accustomed to. This pleased Acton in a strange way, for that time at the factory he only had work, he didn't have to worry about anyone else.

Unfortunately, this pleasure didn't last. He grew wary of being told what to do, and the allure of the sea called to him night and day. He decide to leave the city. His brother refused to come with him, and instead took his place in the steel factory. Acton spent what little money he had saved to buy a small boat for himself then set off to his new life. He sailed for many months, never seeing land. His food supply began to run thin an Acton became worried. Sun, hunger and thirst caused him to pass out. When he woke up, he saw something strange above him, it was stone.

Acton looked around to see where he was. He could tell he was underground, but in some sort of tunnel. A man approached him from behind and handed him some water. It was then Acton realized how bad his head hurt. Acton turned to thank the man and then recoiled in horror. He had seen that face before. It was the face of a creeper. The man wore a creepers head over his own. Acton now feared for his life, but the cool calm voice of the man and the ache in his head quickly forced him back into sleep.

Sleeping there was terrible. Acton was plagued with nightmares of creepers, following Acton where ever he went. Something strange happened though, slowly the nightmares became more of dreams, Acton began to enjoy the silent, attentive company of the creepers. No longer were they sources of terror, they were simply another being living in the world.

After his dreams, Acton once more awoke to the man with the creeper head. The man explained that Acton was in a temple to a creeper god SSSSBoom and that he had saved Acton from perishing at sea. Acton listened to the man and slowly learned and accepted the teachings of SSSSBoom.

After a few years at the temple Acton decided it was time to return to the main land. The head priest of SSSSBoom warned Acton to tell no one of his faith to SSSSBoom, because most people could not and would not accept him and most likely kill him. Acton agreed, and after fixing his boat and restocking it, he returned back to the main land.

Now Acton travels through Pavon, never staying in one place for too long, but always making friends along the way. He worships SSSSBoom in secret, but also accept the faiths of all races.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses:
Acton is a natural when it comes to sailing or surviving in the wilderness. His life in the wild gives him great skill with a bow and arrow.
He travels, so holding down a job in a city is impossible, he prefers to sell wares on the roads. Acton also dislikes violence and therefore lacks much skill in combat.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.)
* Acton just returned to town after a hunt* *He walks up to the local butcher* "Hey man i got 15 cuts of steak and 18 pieces of pork. How about giving me 50 gold for the lot, I'll even through in 10 skins of leather." The butcher says "Look, times are tough, I can only give you 30 gold." Acton says "Come on man, you are screwing me here. The price of meat is 2 per and I am selling it to you for less than that. Cut me a break here." The butcher replies, "I can give you 40 gold for all of it, and that's because I like you." *Acton sighs* "Fine I'll take it but I'm not happy about this."

Pictures of your skin, all sides:
darkdladety's application B1eaf9f7e39252f5efc771df55197056darkdladety's application Fd903cb2a4096380f482e69758b47c3a darkdladety's application Ba15a89fbb8285348fb88df60acad732
Any other information you'd like to add about your character:
Acton tells no one about his worship of SSSSBoom, keeping all worshiping to himself.

Last edited by darkdladety on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: Change skin color of character to fit as a Litus)
Back to top Go down
Shorsand

Shorsand

PostSubject: Re: darkdladety's application   darkdladety's application EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

I.. I'm not overly sure the SSSSSBoom stuff really.. Fits in here. I'd advise not putting that in, but I don't approve the apps, but just as a reference. Otherwise, it's good.
Back to top Go down
darkdladety

PostSubject: Re: darkdladety's application   darkdladety's application EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm

I talked at length with Korvic about it. He said if it was part of my character, then I should add it in. SSSSBoom was the reason I started to help build this server, so I decided to put it in.
Back to top Go down
Shorsand

Shorsand

PostSubject: Re: darkdladety's application   darkdladety's application EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Hypocrisy! If Korvic said it's alright, then negate my previous statement.
Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

PostSubject: Re: darkdladety's application   darkdladety's application EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Accepted. Welcome to the... rp part of Pavon!
dark has helped me with numerous different tasks, and I know this server wouldn't be the same without him. Specifically the Reddit post.

Please note, anyone who's reading this, you do not know about the SSSSBoom, and that even at this present time they'd be considered a false god. I believe it's going to stay that way, however they might become part of main lore. Meanwhile, just pretend you never heard of them.

Also please refrain from posting on an applicant's application regarding changed to make it better. PM them instead. However if there is an issue with the applicant or the application that needs to be addressed, you may post it if it's really necessary.

Thank you, and once again, welcome to Pavon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: darkdladety's application   darkdladety's application Empty

Back to top Go down

darkdladety's application
Page 1 of 1