Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

Ben's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthKharik

Ben's Application Empty
PostSubject: Ben's Application   Ben's Application EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 am

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional):
Ben
Minecraft Account Name:
epktlkzj0l
How old are you:
What is your Time Zone/Country:
Mountain Time Zone, U.S
How good are you with the English language:
I am very fluent in it as I have been speaking it since I was a child.
How often could you be on the server:
Depends on how much I enjoy playing, why I could be on everyday.
Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?:
I have no prior experience with roleplaying but I'm eager to give it a try.
In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming:
Metagaming is using facts that your character was not involved in and using them in conversations with other players.

Powergaming is making it so that your character is not affected by the actions of others.
How did you hear about us:
I was told about this by a friend iCreate.
Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.):
I have read and agree to abide to the terms of this server.
Any other information you'd like to mention:
There is nothing more I wish to add.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name:
Corvin Tolov
Character Race and Patron God:
Varena, follower of Essani
Appearance:

Average in height, reaching about 5'4. His hair is short and is not looked after and it is also a beautiful color of silvery white. His eyes are a fiery orange filled with determination. His skin is a deep obsidian color, with a few streaks of cobalt blue across his thighs and arms. He is also very lean and does not have a lot of muscle. He wears a dark jacket along with a sheath for his dagger.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.):

When Corvin was at a young age, he was moved to an orphanage and did not know his parents very well but only knew that what they did was a job that would put their child in danger; so to protect him they placed him in the orphanage where he would be safe. Corvin did not have very many friends while he was at the orphanage, as they would all be on their way as most of them were taken in by families. To keep himself from feeling alone, he looked for a book in the library. He eventually found a book that interested him very much. It was about an adventurer who went on epic quests to find treasure and fight enemies. He was also a wealthy man, and could afford to do these types of things. The prizes the adventurer found during his quests were astounding to Corvin, as he did not have much while he was growing up. He wanted this type of life very badly and decided that being a thief, willing to take the risk for great heists would get him the wealth he needed to get there.

So at a young age he began to practice being hidden and to not be detected when he did not want to be. He would hide from the leaders of the orphanage to see how well his skills were. some times it would take the leaders days to find him. After he became satisfied with his skills of stealth he then worked on stealing trinkets from the leaders. After he feeled he had perfected that he then began to pickpocket from them as well. He would also work on lock picking as he thought that some trinkets might be locked in chests or be behind closed doors. He trained like this for years until he was of age to go out in the world on his own.
After he left the orphanage he decided to go see Aquitus.

After he arrived he was not comfortable with his environment, for him there were too many people as he was not used to being around so many at a time. He then decided to go live out in the woods alone where no one would bother him and he visits the city from time to time to complete jobs for people that want objects that other people have.

During his first job something went wrong. He had been hired to steal a lumber workers prized ring that had been taken from him. But this was just a setup against thieves who work alone. As he was going to retrieve the ring he had been cornered inside the building where it was held. 3 figures appeared from the darkness and proceeded to corner him. He did not have a weapon as he thought that he would not need it on such jobs. They began to attack him. He was not prepared for such a situation and received grievous wounds, that nearly killed him.

He barely escaped with his life and retreated back to his home in the woods. He attended to his wounds with basic first aid and herbs he had retrieved from the plants nearby, although he did not have prior knowledge so he was performing experiments on himself to better understand how they work. It took him a few days to become fully recovered. He went through much pain as some plants did not heal but instead caused hallucinations and paranoia. He also kept track of his records about which plants causes which effects and even named them as to not get mixed up. Through this he gained a basic understanding of being able to heal wounds or even cause them.

After he recovered he went into town to buy a weapon so he could protect himself during jobs that put his life at risk. He did not have enough money so he made a deal with the blacksmith. Corvin would retrieve an item that the blacksmith wanted in return for the weapon of his choice. So they made a deal and what the blacksmith wanted was a cog that would be of some use to him that could be retrieved from some nearby inventors. So he left the blacksmith and went out at once to find this cog. He had looked for most of the day to find an inventor with this cog and before the day had ended he found it. He decided to not confront the inventor and decided to wait until he had retired for the day. After night fell he broke into the shop and located the cog. He took it quite easily and did wake the inventor. The next day he returned to the blacksmith with the cog and earned his weapon. He chose a dagger as it was easily concealed and easy to strike with it. He then returned to his home in the woods to work towards his goal.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses:

Skilled at sneaking past someone without them detecting him and being able to take things without notice. Has some combat training as sometimes he finds himself being caught and being forced into combat situations. Also has a basic understanding of being able to heal wounds.

Does not work well with others and is not very adept at being able to communicate with people. Not terribly good at creating things.
Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.)
Corvin was walking through the city, as he turned a corner he noticed someone running away with a man after them. The man chasing yelled "Get back here you thief!" Corvin followed them and confronted the man after the thief had gotten away. "What did that person steal?" Corvin asked. The man had explained he found something shiny on the ground and could see that it had value. As he was examining it, the thief snatched it and started running. Corvin was curious as to what this trinket was but also wanted something in return. The man had nothing to offer. Corvin was a little disappointed in hearing that so he decided to continue on his way towards his prior destination.
Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):
Ben's Application 2013-011
Ben's Application 2013-012
Any other information you'd like to add about your character:
He is very shy, as he did not grow up near many people. It will be very difficult to get him to open up to you but once he does you have earned his trust.
Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

Ben's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Application   Ben's Application EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Accepted, welcome to Pavon.

Just remember that your character would not be very profficient with weapons, if able to use them to harm at all. I would personally suggest a character that absolutely doesn't want to hurt a living creature, however it is up to you, and you would need to change your worship to Soteir.
Back to top Go down

Ben's Application
Page 1 of 1