Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

Lenlo's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lenlo

Lenlo's Application Empty
PostSubject: Lenlo's Application   Lenlo's Application EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 am

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional): Lenlo

Minecraft Account Name: Lenlo

How old are you: 18

What is your Time Zone/Country: Texas, USA. Central Time Zone

How good are you with the English language: Very. Its my main language. Grew up with it.

How often could you be on the server: Im not sure. Probably an hour a day atleast if I enjoy it.

Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?:
((Note: Both of these servers were the High Fantasy sort of servers. Tolkien or Jordan kind of worlds.))

I have. I RPed on Tales of Mel-Lenxia as a Mercenary kind of character. I was neutral in the conflict and focused on playing both sides.

After that I was at Legends of Talarra as a Lawful Good sort of warrior/knight. Your basic Knight in shining armor sort of character but with his own character foibles and problems.

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming:
Metagaming: Using outside knowledge In-Character. Such as seeing a forum post or mistakenly being PMed something and then using it to your advantage in RP.

Ex: Someone posts a story or makes a journal entries on the forum so other people can enjoy them. You read those and decide "Hey, I know this persons secret. Blackmail time!".

Powergaming: God modding, getting out of situations or winning fights that really you RPly should not be able to win. Fighting a god? Who cares, I dodge his attacks and smack him in the face. He dies in one shot. That kind of things.

How did you hear about us: A friend on Skype, his Mc name being iCreate

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.): Yes I have.

Any other information you'd like to mention: Been on plenty of servers and I like to think im alright at RPing. I know that im at least experienced at it.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name: Arrez

Character Race and Patron God: Varena, Avidta ((Though he rarely prays to her.))

Appearance:
At 74, he has medium length, white hair that reachs alittle down his back and is usually kept in a pony tail. He has red eyes of his people and is average for his race at 5'7", while weighing in at a paltry 124 lbs. He wears a red, sleeveless coat and some gold painted wrist bands, brown pants and black shoes.

Personality: ((I added this part in because its easier for me to explain the character this way.)) Arrez has absolutely zero respect for rank and will mouth off to anyone if he thinks it amusing. Most of the time this will come as sarcasm or jokes that are over the head of whoever he is speaking to. He very rarely will give his word, but if he does so he will not break it. Honest to a fault one would say. The biggest problem is getting him to tell you the whole truth. Arrez prefers to avoid a fight but when pushed into a corner will not hesitate to defend himself. He also dislikes all of this new steam technology, prefering the old steel and bow, though he admits it has its uses.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.): Many years before the Cataclysm, Arrez was born to a family of Varena before the Cataclysm. His mother died in the birth and his father was a minor thief/assassin. Being the one and only child, his father decided to teach his trade to his son. Everything from how to move silently to fighting one on one. Arrez learned as best he could during these years, but with his father being sent on more and more jobs he had more and more time to himself and he spent it socializing with his people.

It was through this free time that he learned about the pilgrimage of all those who still believed in the gods. During this time Arrez also learned that his father had been killed during a job and that soldiers were coming for him as well. Seeing it as the only means of escape with his limited skill, Arrez fled with the other pilgrims onto the ships that survived the Cataclysm. He abandoned his last name and started to live his people in this new land.

For many years he had a happy, boring life. As the old tensions started to flare up though, Arrez decided it was time to leave this boring existence. He grabbed his bag, walked out his front door and started looking for anyone that needed a mercenary. Maybe he would even start his own group and make a name for them.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses: He is good at Stealth blending in with people. His sword skills are basic, having never been very good at it and he is horrible at making anything. He is arrogant, leading him to underestimate his opponents and more than once make a very costly mistake.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.)
The Baron of this small town has just finished a very taxing negotiation with a rather annoying Merchant. As the Merchant leaves Arrez slips over the wall of the garden where the meeting took place and approaches the Baron.

"Well hello my lord." Arrez says with a mocking bow. "I couldnt help but overhear your conversation and need to say, you handled that very poorly."

For afew moments the Baron just stood there in shock, he shook his head and says "Who are you? Get out of my house you Varden!"

"Now now Baron, is that anyway to tread a man with an offer? You didnt want to make that deal did you? Well for a price I can fix this little problem for you." He said as he sits down in the seat the Baron just recently got up from and starts to sip the Barons tea.

Looking very annoyed and alittled awed, as if he cant believe what he is seeing, the Baron nods his head as if saying "Tell me more." and he takes the seat the Merchant just recently left.

"Well first I need to know, do you want the Merchant alive and the deal canceled or just dead?" He said. The conversation goes on, back and for just as long as the Barons last deal until eventually the two get up and shake hands, Arrez going back over the wall and the Baron going back inside his house looking much worse for wear after all he had been through that night.

Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):
Front:
Lenlo's Application WaRue

Back:
Lenlo's Application XMB2q
Any other information you'd like to add about your character:
I didnt know how long ago the Cataclysm happened so I purposely left the age and date around that time vague so it wouldn't be a problem.

Also for the skin if it doesnt fit the server, I can easily change it. Its not a big deal.

Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

Lenlo's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenlo's Application   Lenlo's Application EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Hello! I'm just going to take a second to address your "Other Character Info" section.

After the cataclysm had happened the remaining people returned to the shore to re-build their civilization. No one is quite certain on how long it's been since then, however it's been enough for a few main cities to be setup. Tech wise, the people who came to the new land didn't have very many things. Only what they could carry. Therefor the tech level is roughly just at steam engines at the moment, however we're very open to technological advances by the players, so long as there is written lore behind it. (It would be posted in Player Created Lore). Also, your skin is fine, do not worry about it.

Now, your application is quite well done, and I could see you being a good addition to the server.

Accepted, and welcome to Pavon.
Back to top Go down

Lenlo's Application
Page 1 of 1