Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

iCreate's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iCreate

iCreate

iCreate's Application Empty
PostSubject: iCreate's Application   iCreate's Application EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 am

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional):

Minecraft Account Name: iCreate

How old are you: 20

What is your Time Zone/Country: PST/PDT USA

How good are you with the English language:
I'm fluent in the English language, being a native speaker.

How often could you be on the server:
Once I get a good feel for the server I could be on almost everyday.

Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?:
I was one of the admins on a RP server named "Tales of Mel-Lenxia" and have also RPed on another that had almost the same group as the first called "Legends of Talarra". They were both Fantasy worlds with their own unique lore and world.

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming:
Metagaming is the act of taking facts from RP that your character was not involved in, and using them in RP conversation/actions.

Powergaming is the act of hindering RP by making your character almost, if not completely, invulnerable from others actions.

How did you hear about us:
Was looking for a RP server to play with a few other friends and found this one on the MCServers reddit, I think.

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.):
I have read and agree to abide by all the rules of the server.

Any other information you'd like to mention:
I've been on plenty of RP servers but I can't exactly say I'm the best at it, but I love to practice and develop story with others.
Also, I'll be guaranteeing that a few others I know will try and join once I get word out.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name: Rolan Aryet

Character Race and Patron God: Lentra/Errare Half-Breed, follower of Soteir

Appearance:
Short in stature due to his mother's Lentra blood, barely reaching 5' in height. His skin is a bronze-ish color thanks in part to his father who was of Errare descendancy. His hair is short, unkempt, and a dark shade of brown and lies scraggly on his head, most likely dripping with sweat and oil from his work as a tinkerer. He wears a vest and a pair of goggles, his fathers, at all times; his attire drenched in the sweat and fumes of the days work in the workshop that his father left him in his passing.
He keeps a pocket watch on him at all times, never late for work nor for arriving home to care for his mother.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.):
Born to the strange couple of a Errare and a Lentra, Rolan was destined to be unique. From a young age he was inquisitive about the world, always looking to understand it more. He would watch the sun rise and fall, as well as the moon. He would sit in the grass and examine in wonderment the life of the insects that inhabited it. But most of all he loved tinkering.
It began when as a young boy he discovered his favored pocket watch. It was a summer day and he was walking along a river on his way home, when something caught his eye in the river. A glow from under the water, something shiny, something interesting. As he drew it from the river he hadn't the faintest idea as to what it was nor how this mysterious object worked.
He ran his hands along the engraving of the golden object, brushing off the muck stuck on it. Unsure as to what the object was, he decided it best to show it to his father.

He ran through town to his fathers workshop. When he arrived he saw his father deep at work on his latest project, but Rolan hadn't a clue as to what it was. He tugged at his fathers shirt and as he turned to look at his son Rolan took out the watch and held it up for his father to see. "Oh ho, what's this?" He said. His father took it and examined it under his eye loupe, and as
he examined it Rolan noticed the wonderment in his fathers face. "A pocket watch, my son! One that predates the cataclysm! Where did you find this?" his father asked, and he told his father how and where he found it. "Guard it well, son. It is not often that objects of that age appear. Perhaps I can get it working?" he asked. "No dad, I will fix it. Just teach me how."

That was the summer Rolan picked up his trade, learning the ins and outs of the watch. Taking it apart, at first with the guidance of his father, and putting it all back together. Every cog, every spring had a purpose and he made it his duty to understand it all. From there he began working in his fathers shop daily, taking over jobs his father had no time for, all the while learning everything under the tutelage of his father. This kept on for many years until one day his father passed away leaving Rolan to care for his mother alone. Already growing proficient in his fathers craft he took over the work
his father left behind, donning the same goggles and vest his father would wear.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses:
Skilled at working with various tools and understanding the mechanics of objects.

Other than this he is useless in any sort of battle as he has no formal experience. His life has been spent entirely in the workshop and the quarrels of the real world have yet to affect him.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.)
Haha, my backstory turned into kind of RP but if you would like more I will not hesitate to add some more for this section.

Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):
Spoiler:

Any other information you'd like to add about your character:
Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

iCreate's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: iCreate's Application   iCreate's Application EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Very well put together for the parts that were filled out. ;P

I'm going to let this pass because it was good quality and, as you stated, it was filled with some RP in your backstory. One thing that I'll point out though, because your father stated that the watch was from pre-cataclysm, that means that someone that kept it on the boats either dropped it, or that your father didn't know how to date a watch. Razz

Accepted, welcome to Pavon, I look forward to seeing any of your friends join.
Back to top Go down

iCreate's Application
Page 1 of 1