Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

Impy's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Impymut

Impymut

Impy's Application Empty
PostSubject: Impy's Application   Impy's Application EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 am

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional): Impy is the nickname that I prefer.

Minecraft Account Name: impymut

How old are you: I am fourteen years old.

What is your Time Zone/Country: I live in Canada, Atlantic Standard Time (UTC -4)

How good are you with the English language: I believe that I have a good grip on the English language, hopefully more than enough to be comfortable in the server.

How often could you be on the server: On weekdays, I could put in around three hours. On weekends, however, I'll most likely be able to get on the server at least five hours.

Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?: Yes, I have roleplayed before. This was on another Mine Craft roleplaying server which was quite popular at the time, a fantasy themed server, a bit similar to this server. I stayed on that server for a year before computer troubles prevented me from continuing (which are no longer a problem, of course!)

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming: From my point of view, Metagaming occurs when a player utilizes information from outside of the game (things which their character have no reason to know, such as the history of somebody they've just met, or villainous deeds somebody has performed in secret) while playing their character. This also applies to events that their character was not a part of.

Powergaming, however, is when a player essentially controls a situation completely. For example, two players approach each other. Player A is an innocent man, while Player B is a highwayman searching for easy cash. Player A greets Player B casually, and continues walking. Player B emotes something along he lines of "Stabs 'Player A' through the chest, killing him instantaneously while removing the coin purse attached to 'Player A's' belt." Player B gave Player A no choice in the matter, essentially 'god modding' or powergaming.

Both of these are very unfair to other players, and should most definitely be avoided while roleplaying.

How did you hear about us: I heard about this server while speaking with a friend on Skype. (Kincaid!)

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.): Yes, I have analyzed the rules with diligence, and have found them to be agreeable.

Any other information you'd like to mention: No, nothing else comes to mind.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name: Aden Ivov

Character Race and Patron God: Errare (mixed with blood of the Aquil). Aden loosely follows the goddess Essani.

Appearance: Aden resembles a lithe man of nearly twenty-six years, with a messy head of black hair. He does not own a comb, and he often has strands of his hair dangling in front of his eyes, though it hardly obscures his vision. Taking after his father, he reaches a solid 6'4". He is commonly known to cover his legs with a good pair of woolen trousers, tightened with a leather belt. Upon his torso is worn an undershirt slightly yellowed with use, enveloped in a fine, white linen shirt, which has a good many inside pockets to hide whatever knick-knacks Aden has unearthed during his travels.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.): Aden never knew his father. He had only ever known the attention of his mother, ever caring woman she was. But Aden knew that something was not right, as the few other people he had met were all blessed with a complete family, father and mother.

Aden was always such a curious child though, asking whatever question came to his mind, without exceptions. And so it was that the topic of his thoughts would drift to fathers, and why he seemed to be the only one in the span of a hundred miles without one. His mother did not approve of such questions, always given the young lad a sharp rebuke and an icy glare, claiming that it "Brings up bad memories," though she always refused to say any more.

Aden eventually learned to halt his line of questioning regarding his lineage, and life settled down nicely. That is, of course, until Aden's mother started to pack clothes into a travelling sack, telling him to get himself ready for the road. For three days after, they traveled along dusty, winding roads.

On the final day of travel, Aden noticed smoke coming from the distance, a plume of gray stretching across the sky. This was not the blackish gray denoting the burning of homes, but rather the clean, near-white gray of civilization, and Aden found himself speeding his steps up, nearly skipping along the path. His mother merely smiled, walking briskly to keep up with him.

Finally, a fence appeared, stretching across a rather large distance. Within the fencing lay a farm, housing, barn, fields, and all. A hunched figure could be seen in the fields, and Aden and his mother walked toward whoever it may be, his mother quickly striking up a conversation as they reached the person.

Later, Aden found out, this was his uncle, the owner of the farm. He had married Aden's aunt many years before. The farm itself was populated by a large family of Errare, the Sondeki's. Aden quickly adjusted to farm life, performing chores such as milking and feeding the animals.

All throughout this, Aden grew to know his cousin, named Alp, quickly befriending him. At least, Aden thought Alp was his friend; he was quite oblivious to the fact that Alp was getting him to do the chores that Alp did not wish to do.

Despite this, Aden clung to Alp like lichen to a dock, as all of the other children paid no attention to him. Due to this, it saddened Aden greatly when Alp left the farm and did not return.

But life went on, and Aden found within himself something which he had never thought of before: the gift of music. He cut and whittled a log into a shape resembling that of the instruments he had seen in town when he went with some of the others to sell crops and such. He ended up with an object that very roughly resembled a lute. He attached strings made from the unused guts of butchered animals on the farm... Not quite the most durable, but a passable excuse for an instrument.

With this makeshift lute, Aden played. He didn't know what he played, it was mostly just whatever popped into his head, but according to others, it sounded good. With their encouragement, he grew faster at plucking the strings, his fingers becoming quick and nimble, callouses forming from the constant stress of playing.

His strings often broke, but he did not care, as he could easily replace them. This became his favourite pastime up until his late teens and early twenties.

Up until this point in Aden's life, the most difficult thing he had to deal with was an extra chore on the farm, or needing to restring his instrument. Everything, of course, started to change. Rumours started to spread of a sort of pestilence stretching across the land, infecting all forms of life, twisting them into vile creatures. The family at the farm first ignored the warnings, but it was fairly difficult to shrug off the fact that something strange is going on when a man you knew came up to you, flesh falling from his body while he tried to kill you.

They did the only thing that they could. They ran.

Aden was old enough to be on his own then, and with no income from the most likely overrun farm while they traveled along the road, nobody objected when he said he was going to leave them and strike the path all on his lonesome. His mother fretted over him as parents often do, but even she knew that Aden couldn't be a strong, independent adult if she coddled him and kept him close to herself.

And finally, Aden could choose his own way. He now has freedom, something new and exciting to him. He intends to use it for what it's worth.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses: Aden is quite nimble fingered from his constant playing of the lute, which can definitely be advantageous in many situations. He also has a fairly quick wit, easily coming up with responses to most questions. That is, of course, unless the questions involve anything academic, as Aden had no proper schooling, being able to neither read nor write a single word. Unfortunately, he is also quite unable when it comes to fighting, as he has absolutely zero experience in brawling, dueling, or anything of the sort. His strength certainly isn't much to speak of, either. On top of all of this, Aden is distrusting of strangers, due to his fairly sheltered life, which can be seen as a good or bad thing, depending on who he might meet.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.) Lute strapped to his back and travel-sack set over his shoulder, Aden walked along the road, following the signs to Aquitus. On his way, he meets another man walking the opposite direction who he pointedly tries to ignore, wary of lone strangers.

"Hello, traveler!" the man says cheerily, arm waving a salutation.

Aden stops, facing the man, hesitates, then seeing he can't get away without seeming too rude, he says, "Hello," then narrowing his eyes, "Who are you?"

"Me?" the man says, twisting his head this way and that, as if looking for somebody else around him, "Why, I'm the man who owns the general store just up ahead, of course! Don't you know me?" He tilts his head as he says this.

Shaking his head in the negative, Aden says slightly more respectfully, thinking this man safe, "I'm afraid not, sir. I've not been up this way before."

The general store owner claps his hands together gleefully, "Well then, let me be your tour guide!" Smiling widely, he says, "I know a shortcut to get to town. Just follow me!" He quickly walks off on a small beaten trail just off the road, his posture clearly telling Aden to follow.

Aden follows the man on the trail, noticing that the path is quickly consumed by the trees hanging overhead. The two men soon come into a clearing.

Aden says, "So, where do we go after this?" while looking around at the trees.

His smile slightly more lopsided now, the store owner approaches Aden, "I am going to go home. You, on the other hand, are going to stay here."

Pulling a blade from out of a hidden sheath of some sorts, the 'store owner' waved it around threateningly. Aden backed off.

Aden had started to sweat, eyes becoming wide and frantic, searching for some way out of the situation. Upon finding no way out, he closed his eyes for a moment, trying to calm his nerves. When he opened his eyes, he saw only a glimpse of the man before the hilt of the blade struck Aden in the side of the head.

-----

A few hours passed, and Aden groggily opened his eyes, a massive headache assaulting his senses. He waited a few moments to collect himself, then slowly sat up, clutching his head.

"Urgh..." he grunted, finally managing to set himself on his feet. He quickly noticed he was many coins lighter and missing a good portion of his food.

"That bastard!"

Further searching revealed that he still had his worn, homemade lute, though he supposed it would have been rather bulky for the thief to carry away anyhow.

Sighing, Aden started looking for the way out of the forest and back onto the road.

Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):
Front:
Spoiler:
Right/Front:
Spoiler:
Left/Back:
Spoiler:

Any other information you'd like to add about your character: No, I believe that I've covered just about everything.
Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

Impy's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impy's Application   Impy's Application EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 am

Accepted, welcome to pavon! I hope to see you and Alp Alp on crazy adventures!
Back to top Go down

Impy's Application
Page 1 of 1