Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

My humble application (take 2)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDarklord

TheDarklord

My humble application (take 2) Empty
PostSubject: My humble application (take 2)   My humble application (take 2) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional):
Dark

Minecraft Account Name:
darklordmo

How old are you:

What is your Time Zone/Country:
EST/USA

How good are you with the English language:
Very good. It's my main language.
How often could you be on the server:
Depends on my workload, but an average of 1-2 hours a day. Longer on weekends.
Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?:
Yes I have. I have RPed as many different characters across 3 different servers. These characters include, a wise mage, a cunning airship captain, a town mayor, a shrewd businessman and a devoted priest.

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming:To be honest, I still don't quite understand metagaming. However I believe it's somehow using certain knowledge while in character that the said character is not supposed to be aware of. E.g. If in RL we were told we have a event happening but the lore states that no one knows when, so if I claim I know when in character, that's considered metagaming. Powergaming is evil. I hate those who do it. People who do their best to avoid any sort of trouble by claiming they have some sort of godlike power or tool that keeps them eternal or rich or the like.

How did you hear about us:
I was looking through glimmar's thread and saw you as recommended by him, so I thought I'd visit the site to know more. So far I have enjoyed it.

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.):
Yes, I agree to all of the stated rules as well as any unspoken rules.

Any other information you'd like to mention:
Not really. I am a university student, so there are times when I wont be able to get on as much and other times when I can get on alot. I also have a habit of donating to servers that I enjoy spending time on, so, I may donate Smile
I also hate griefers.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name:
Regis (I changed it from last time)

Character Race and Patron God:
Avasuun, Soteir

Appearance:
Golden skin, large blue eyes, dark brown hair worn in a braid with 2 silver/gold hair pieces. As he is fond of blue, he wears a light blue shirt with a turquoise robe complete with purple trim.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.):
He was born 100 years ago in a small family. His father was a skilled weaver and his mother sang at the local tavern. He has no siblings. He was raised with care and in comfort. He was taught the ways of a weaver as a child, but as he grew older, he disliked the ways of the weaver. He was more interested in the ways of the weaponry and mechanics. He started working with the village blacksmith and little by little he over took his master in skill. Due to his good looks, his master had him sell the goods which resulted in another skill of his showing up. The silver tongue. He managed to convince anyone of anything he wanted and as such was appointed as representative of his village. After 20 years, he grew bored of the small village he lived in and at age 80 he left for larger cities.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses:
Skills: Speech skills, crafting, weaving, adapting to use anything as a weapon.
weaknesses: Scared of snakes, Weak infront of a pretty face, Not good with large crowds.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.)
((I'm totally redoing this Smile But about the old one, I failed to explain the "guards" thus leading to your misunderstanding of my character's strength. The weren't trained soldiers with proper weapons. They were villagers with pitchforks, also there was 2 of them, so for a master of weaponry, it wouldn't be a surprise if he could handle two people like that. But to respect what you said, I will redo it with a new story))
You are a traveler, passing through the winding forests with hope of finding a town soon. You seem to be rushing, why? Oh that's right, you broke your sword and now you need a new weapon, there's lots of beasts in these forests. Oh what is that? Smoke? You rush forth and see the outline of a small village. Getting there you are greeted by a sight you have been looking for. The town blacksmith. You approach the shop, hoping that there's a fine master there to fix your sword. Suddenly, you are stunned. The traditional blacksmith is a dirty, soot covered old man, but the fellow in this shop is young and well dressed. Almost like a noble. he asks you about the service he can offer, you reply that your sword needs fixing. he takes the shards from you. It shouldn't be possible to fix the sword, it's broken, yet, he seems to not be phased by that. As if he knows that he can fix it. He tells you it will be 600 <currency>. You are shocked, the average sword price is 200, but you like the sword, it's your father's and you want it back in shape. You try to haggle, telling him that 500 is ok with you. He looks into your eyes with his deep blue eyes. You seem entranced, a moment later, you realize you gave him 1000. Apparently, he convinced you to pay him more. He better be good, or you will get him for this. He goes to the back of his shop and returns with a curious device. Putting the sword in this device, he operates it. Flames start flying and the sword seems to magically fit together and repair itself. You are in awe, what magic is this you ask. He replies, not magic, but the fruit of my research. You see, I've been making toys like this for 30 years now. As you leave the village, you inquire about the young lad. The villagers tell you that he is a gifted inventor and a smart speaker, Blessed by the gods. You decide that this must have been a good omen and sheath the sword, as you exit the village you ask of his name, the answer is, Regis.
Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):

I used the skin that anon cleaned up for me. Sorry about the first one, I'm not the best skin maker around.
My humble application (take 2) 8446541746_9580705733_c
My humble application (take 2) 8446541648_8f4dfe5acd_c
Any other information you'd like to add about your character:
Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

My humble application (take 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My humble application (take 2)   My humble application (take 2) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 pm

KORVIC wrote:
Your character name needs a slight correction.

Magnus*

Your character seemed fine up until this.

TheDarklord wrote:
"No thank you, if I can't take what I want by speech, . . . " He whips out a dagger, ". . ., I shall take it by force!" With that, he swings towards the guards and slits their throats. Then he turns towards the chief, "Now, where were we?" The chief, frightened for his life, Says, "You can have it all, just spare me!" Magnus sheaths his dagger and says, "glad that we got along" and leaves with a smile to give his village the good news."

You stated earlier that you hate powergamers, when you yourself, in this roleplay, powergamed. You say guards, showing that their is first off more than one guard. You are somehow able to slit both of their throats via swinging a dagger at them. In order to do so you would have needed to be rediculousely close to the guards to harm them all at the same time, not to mention that they're both trained soldiers, being guards and all. One of them would have been able to draw their weapon before you got to the first guard.

Your skin... it frankly looks terrible. You appearance is fine, however your skin needs to be re-worked.

You may not enter Pavon at this current time.

Denied.

Feel free to re-apply within 24 hours of this reply. Thank you for your time.

You may not re-apply for 24 hours since your previous denial.

Your character also has far too many strengths, and you seem to not understand the concept of powergaming, even though you hate it so. Let me explain to you what powergaming is, fully.

Powergaming is the act of, as you know, godmodding. This is when you give yourself too many powers, as well as avoiding anything. Essentially making yourself able to do anything that you feel you want to.

You have been powergaming prior to your application being even accepted.

You say you have a silver tongue, yet you "entrance" people with your eyes, but that's not what a silver tongue would do. You also have in your weaknesses, that you're afraid of crowds and being weak in front of a pretty face. How would someone with a silver tongue have either of those as a weakness.

You're also a master of weaponry at the same time, and you don't quite understand why your other example RP was powergaming. It wasn't that they were guards, it was that you instantly killed both of them.

As well as the fact that you're a "brilliant inventor", using a "magical" device to put a sword back together.

Most people would pick one of these strengths. And those with a silver tongue would actually roleplay out the discussion. You also don't have enough weaknesses in comparison to your "strengths".

I hope you review these comments and become aware of what your character is doing to be powergame-y.

Denied, once again. Please wait 36 hours since this reply.
Back to top Go down

My humble application (take 2)
Page 1 of 1