Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

Why do texturepacks have to be proposed?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deus_Venatus
Admin
Admin
Deus_Venatus

Why do texturepacks have to be proposed? Empty
PostSubject: Why do texturepacks have to be proposed?   Why do texturepacks have to be proposed? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:00 pm

If you have not read the sticky post in the Official Texturepacks section, I recommend you do so.

In order to post a texturepack as an 'official' one it must clear a few aspects. It needs to match what we currently have set out. There can't be a bunch of tools that are wrong compared to our originals. While we encourage people to have different styles and such, we still need to all see roughly the same thing.

There are a few pre-requisites that you must get before a texturepack is eligible to become 'Official'. For every piece of art, you must have contacted the original artist and confirm that you, and anyone else whom makes a texturepack for Deus' Venatus has the right to use their art. Even if it's the smallest thing. A screenshot of a PM, or an email in which it shows the sender, and the confirmation that we may use it should be provided.

The only exception to this is if the author has already given consent to the use of the texturepack for Deus' Venatus. Anyone that doesn't explicitly say that you need to speak to them, or that you may not use their art, you are allowed to use, however it would still be in our best interest if you were to get a confirmation message from them as well.

Here is a direct download link to the original 16x16 server texturepack.

DOWNLOAD

Here's a small form that you need to use whenever posting a texturepack proposal. Although some of these are not needed, it helps us to see what's up before we check it out 100%. With this you should also include a poll on whether or not people like/agree that the texturepack should be made 'Official'.

Code:

[i][b]Artist(s)'s Name(s):[/b][/i]

[i][b]Style:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Link(s) to Original Texturepack(s) (If any):[/b][/i]

[i][b]Screenshots (Terrain & Items required):[/b][/i]

[i][b]Confirmation of Usage (From the Artist(s)):[/b][/i]

[i][b]Why do you think that this would make a good addition to our texturepacks?:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Server Version:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Download:[/b][/i]

Example:
Spoiler:

We will also begin making a list of texturepacks we're allowed to use from as filler and such soon enough, but for now there is no need. That's all for now, remember to respect artists' rights, and have a good time.

Happy texturizing,
-Korvic
Back to top Go down
https://deus-venatus.forumotion.com

Why do texturepacks have to be proposed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deus' Venatus :: Texture Packs :: Texturepack Proposals-
Jump to: