Deus' Venatus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in

Humble request for membership

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDarklord

TheDarklord

Humble request for membership Empty
PostSubject: Humble request for membership   Humble request for membership EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Out Of Character (OOC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Personal Nickname (optional):
dark
Minecraft Account Name:
darklordmo

How old are you:

What is your Time Zone/Country:
EST/USA

How good are you with the English language:
Very good. It's my main language.

How often could you be on the server:
Depends on my workload, but an average of 1-2 hours a day. Longer on weekends.

Have you ever roleplayed before? If so what did you roleplay (if you can remember)?:
Yes I have. I have RPed as many different characters across 3 different servers. These characters include, a wise mage, a cunning airship captain, a town mayor, a shrewd businessman and a devoted priest.

In your own words define Metagaming and Powergaming:
To be honest, I still don't quite understand metagaming. However I believe it's somehow using certain knowledge while in character that the said character is not supposed to be aware of. E.g. If in RL we were told we have a event happening but the lore states that no one knows when, so if I claim I know when in character, that's considered metagaming. Powergaming is evil. I hate those who do it. People who do their best to avoid any sort of trouble by claiming they have some sort of godlike power or tool that keeps them eternal or rich or the like.

How did you hear about us:
I was looking through glimmar's thread and saw you as recommended by him, so I thought I'd visit the site to know more. So far I have enjoyed it.

Have you read and agreed to all the rules (Found Here.):
Yes, I agree to all of the stated rules as well as any unspoken rules.

Any other information you'd like to mention: Not really. I am a university student, so there are times when I wont be able to get on as much and other times when I can get on alot. I also have a habit of donating to servers that I enjoy spending time on, so, I may donate Smile
I also hate griefers.

In Character (IC)
~~------------------------------------------~~

Character Name:
magnus

Character Race and Patron God:
Avasuun, Soteir
Appearance:
Golden skin, large blue eyes, dark brown hair worn in a braid with 2 silver/gold hair pieces. As he is fond of blue, he wears a light blue shirt with a turquoise robe complete with purple trim.

Backstory (Please explain your character's life, show how they act, why they act as such.):
He was born 100 years ago in a small family. His father was a skilled weaver and his mother sang at the local tavern. He has no siblings. He was raised with care and in comfort. He was taught the ways of a weaver as a child, but as he grew older, he disliked the ways of the weaver. He was more interested in the ways of the weaponry and mechanics. He started working with the village blacksmith and little by little he over took his master in skill. Due to his good looks, his master had him sell the goods which resulted in another skill of his showing up. The silver tongue. He managed to convince anyone of anything he wanted and as such was appointed as representative of his village. After 20 years, he grew bored of the small village he lived in and at age 80 he left for larger cities.

What are your character's skills and weaknesses:
Skills: Speech skills, crafting, weaving, adapting to use anything as a weapon.
weaknesses: Scared of snakes, Weak infront of a pretty face, Not good with large crowds.

Example RP (Create a situation and roleplay it out.) Scenario: Two villages have broken out in a fight over a wheat field. He is sent as a representative of his village.
"The location is set under the large oak tree in the field. As Magnus walks towards the tree, he eyes his counterpart and his entourage. He then smiles briefly and goes to greet them. The chief looks at him in surprise, "what a young boy!" he thinks to himself, "This will be a cakewalk". The two sit down to open the talks. Magnus starts with, "It's an honor to meet you oh exalted one" and continues with flattery until the chief says, "You are too kind, but we must stop the pleasantry." He thinks to himself, "This kid has little knowledge and is afraid of me, look how he attempts to gain my favor." Meanwhile magnus thinks, "Old geezer has fallen for my trap. Who knew he was so self-centered."
They both sip their tea while eying eachother, trying to figure out the opponent's thoughts. Finally, the chief says, "You are quite young to be in such a position", magnus quickly replies, "Age isn't the requirement for the gift of the gods, I am capable enough to handle this." The chief then bites his tongue in hatred, "How dare he! I must put a heavy condition on his village." Then he turns toward him and says, "How is this? Your village offers 15 of your finest girls to mine, along with half of your precious gems?" Magnus realizes that the chief will not listen to reason, he says, "No thank you, if I can't take what I want by speech, . . . " He whips out a dagger, ". . ., I shall take it by force!" With that, he swings towards the guards and slits their throats. Then he turns towards the chief, "Now, where were we?" The chief, frightened for his life, Says, "You can have it all, just spare me!" Magnus sheaths his dagger and says, "glad that we got along" and leaves with a smile to give his village the good news."

Pictures of your skin, all sides (If needed put it inside a spoiler.):Humble request for membership 8445809042_654d2090b2_cHumble request for membership 8444719495_ff8109c3e8_c

Any other information you'd like to add about your character:
Back to top Go down
KORVIC
Admin
Admin
KORVIC

PostSubject: Re: Humble request for membership   Humble request for membership EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Your character name needs a slight correction.

Magnus*

Your character seemed fine up until this.

TheDarklord wrote:
"No thank you, if I can't take what I want by speech, . . . " He whips out a dagger, ". . ., I shall take it by force!" With that, he swings towards the guards and slits their throats. Then he turns towards the chief, "Now, where were we?" The chief, frightened for his life, Says, "You can have it all, just spare me!" Magnus sheaths his dagger and says, "glad that we got along" and leaves with a smile to give his village the good news."

You stated earlier that you hate powergamers, when you yourself, in this roleplay, powergamed. You say guards, showing that their is first off more than one guard. You are somehow able to slit both of their throats via swinging a dagger at them. In order to do so you would have needed to be rediculousely close to the guards to harm them all at the same time, not to mention that they're both trained soldiers, being guards and all. One of them would have been able to draw their weapon before you got to the first guard.

Your skin... it frankly looks terrible. You appearance is fine, however your skin needs to be re-worked.

You may not enter Pavon at this current time.

Denied.

Feel free to re-apply within 24 hours of this reply. Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousMonster
Admin
Admin
AnonymousMonster

PostSubject: Re: Humble request for membership   Humble request for membership EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:51 pm

In addition to Korvic's points, when rewriting your RP example, I suggest either writing from only one character's point of view, or using formatting to show perspective changes. I have also cleaned up your skin a bit if you'd like to use this version.

Humble request for membership XHENG52
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humble request for membership   Humble request for membership Empty

Back to top Go down

Humble request for membership
Page 1 of 1